Thursday, January 29, 2009

Economy... WOW!



Hey all!
How is everyone? Hope all is well. There has been something bothering me so I thought I would talk about it...

I haven't noticed well I have but NOT to this point how bad it is! I mean stores and restaurants that I have went to for years and now gone! I can't believe that it's gotten to this level. From what I hear the unemployment is taking a dive too due to lack of jobs from everything shutting down. How in the world do we get out of this mess? Better yet how did we get in this mess? I don't get it. If we make our own money how are we in the hole? Seriously it is sad to see all these business owners lose it all because of why? They say this was coming for a while.. Then if they seen it why didn't they stop it? I remember about a yr or so ago while at the dinner table Craig said " We are going into recession " I said HUH? Not knowing what he meant. (This was before the news said it too, need I add) He was like a recession and I had no idea what that was. Then I learned and I couldn't believe it. Looking back I guess I could see it coming but wow seems to have hit pretty quick. I know it time we will recover and learn from this but makes you question the government. I know I for one will start thinking about savings more now. While this has all went on it has taught me alot... Like-

1. SAVE SAVE SAVE- Need it be money or food.. Always have a back up

2. Don't get what you don't need!- I am one who would always go buy something that wasn't really needed!

3. REUSE- Always try to reuse and use as little as possible. Little goes a long way

4. Make 1 day a week your errand day!- Pay bills go to the store and ect all on one day. Saves gas!

5. Do everything differently.- If that means hand washing 10 dish's by hand then running the dish washer that only cleans it halve way anyhow.


Those are some of the things I learned and will continue to do differently because of all this. What will you do differently? Care to share? Any good ideas on saving time and money are always great!

Well thats my vent for the day. I guess this way we all get to think bout it huh? lol

Take Care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!! We definately try to do all we can to save money too. We've been trying to cut back on a lot of stuff from eating out to gas usage. Its just a mess right now and it scares me hearing about all of the job layoffs around here and everywhere in the US.