Sunday, January 25, 2009

A tragic night!






Hello all!
How is everyone? Hope all is well. I am sad to say things are NOT so great here. What should have been a great night, which it was all the way til it was almost over turned into the most horrifying night of my life. While at the show they were doing there finals for the races there was to be 1 more race and that race was not to happen. As you can see in the photo above is a pic of the ending of that race. You can see the truck called "Samson". Samson went to go around after finishing that race. As he got to the side I see something that I thought was a dummy. It was not. (It was the shows announcer who who later found out it also the promoter too.) Go up and around the front drivers side tire as it hit the ground limp it was yet again picked up by the back drivers tire and yet again spun around and ran over again. After the first run over I started screaming then when it hit again everyone started to notice.. All I could do was watch in horror. I couldn't and still can't believe what I just seen. The man layed there limp. The truck drove up maybe 5 feet and stopped. The driver got out and then realized what happened. Everyone stood mute. People came running. The ambulance arrived. I could see what I would rather not speak of through the binoculars. We were then told the show was over and to please exit. This is what I read this morning..


MADISON (WKOW) -- A tragedy played out in front of thousands at a monster truck show in Madison Saturday night. The show's promoter and announcer was killed as he was run over

Spectators described the scene as horrifying -- a man walks onto the arena floor, and and is run over by one of the monster trucks.

"Everybody was just shocked," said Theresa Blodgett of Madison. "Then all the kids were standing there -- it was terrible. They brought the stretcher out and they said, show's over. EMS were there in about two minutes."

The Dane County coroner identified the victim as 41-year-old George Eisenhart, Jr., the show's promoter. The driver of the monster truck, a 54-year-old Ohio man, is a 20-year racing veteran. No criminal charges are expected. Sheriff Dave Mahoney called the incident a terrible accident.

"A lot of the direction that comes after driving over the cars is dependent on how the trucks hit the cars, and what happens with the trucks when they come to a landing," Mahoney said.

"The truck was doing what it was supposed to do," said William DiCarlo, Alliant Energy Center Executive Director. "They just don't have any explanation why the staff member was at that spot at that time."

Mahoney said during his investigation he learned this is an extremely tight-knit group of people, and he says the accident will surely have an impact on the performance for years to come.

Officials canceled the final monster truck performance scheduled Sunday afternoon. In the midst of tragedy, they said, the show simply could not go on.



Yup he died. I am beside my self with sadness not just for all the kids and people that were there but for that man and his family.For the driver and in general the circumstances. He did a great job at the show. The people next to us won some tickets and that was the guy that was bouncing all over this big stadium doing basically everything. So we got to see him up close not to long before this and well I can't believe that this happened. The image of what I seen will probably always stay with me and it is so awful.. no words can say what I feel right now.

So yea that was our night. It was VERY fun up til that point. The kids were enjoying there selves. As you can see in the other photo above. It was a great show and up til that happened was a lot of fun.

So with all that said I would like to dedicate this blog entry to GEORGE EISENHART JR and his family. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this time!

Take Care all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, Oh my gosh that is so sad. My prayers are with his family. That is just terrible. The lil ones are getting so big. Give them our love. Tell all hi and we love and miss ya's all ALOT!
Love Always Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that is terrible!! I can't believe it! Seems like you hear alot lately of people getting hurt at the monster truck shows, which stinks cause they are alot of fun, especially for the kids! Take care:)

moser4 said...

That is something you never want to wittness is someone being killed. I hope you are ok from all of that. Just look into your babies eyes and you will be better. Love Aunt June

Green's said...

Thanks guys! Yea it is tough.. I never thought that would be something I would see and I guess I was just hoping and praying that he would make it and yet inside knew the odds where slim. Soon enough. Thanks again..
(This too shall pass)

Love yas!